CAGS provides a variety of publications which address concerns of the graduate education community. A Statistical Report on registration in graduate studies at Canadian universities is also published yearly. All publications are available free of charge to the public and can be accessed through the relevant links below.
The CAGS (Re)Conciliation Task Force - Final Report (2022)
CAGS Task Force on Excellence in Graduate Programs - Final Report (2022)
Imagining Canada’s Future
Member schools of the Canadian Association for Graduate Studies reflect a diversity of perspectives, focu s and university cultures. This document highlights the thrust of reports from CAGS members who took part in the SSHRC’s Imagine Canada’s Future initiative.
*Future challenge questions:
1. What new ways of learning, particularly in higher education, will Canadians need to thrive in an evolving society and labour market?
2. What effects will the quest for energy and natural resources have on our society and our position on the world stage?
3. How are the experiences and aspirations of Aboriginal Peoples in Canada essential to building a successful shared future?
4. What might the implications of global peak population be for Canada?
5. How can emerging technologies be leveraged to benefit Canadians?
6. What knowledge will Canada need to thrive in an interconnected, evolving global landscape?
|LAVAL||1 & 2|
|MCMASTER, BROCK & WILFRID LAURIER||3|
|QUEENS & RMC||1|
|RYERSON & YORK||6||–|
|WESTERN & WINDSOR||5||doc|
|** ADESAQ: 7 INSTITUTIONS PARTICIPATED IN RT EVENT: CONCORDIA, UQAM, UQTR, INRS, UQO, ENAP, UQAC|
Reports and Submissions to Government
|PhD Program Structures in Canada||December 1, 2012|
|Graduate Studies: A Practical Guide for Advisors, Supervisors and Graduate Students||November 1, 2012|
|Creating a Letter of Understanding for Advisors/Supervisors and Graduate Students||November 1, 2012|
|Best Practices Regarding International Dual/Double Joint Degrees: A paper prepared for the Canadian Association for Graduate Studies: by Fred L Hall,||March 1, 2012|
|Canadian practices related to the examination of PhD thesis: Fred L. Hall, University of Calgary|
|A Profile of Master’s Degree Education in Canada||December 1, 2006|
|your future: a guide for potential Graduate Students||January 1, 2005|