Chair: Dinuka Gunaratne (email@example.com)
- To communicate with the public about issues and innovations related to providing support for graduate students and postdocs.
- Manage public relations for the organization (e.g. website, print material, communiqués to news/media).
- Publish articles for diverse audiences (e.g. students, university faculty and staff, professionals in related fields): Manage “Responsibilities May Include” UA article series.
Chair: Lorna MacEachern (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- To host the annual national conference at CAGS: A professional development meeting for our members to exchange ideas and network. Work with CAGS on logistics planning.
- Prepare and manage call for proposals. Evaluate and select proposals & establish agenda
- Work with Member Engagement Committee to develop conference specific social and professional development events.
Member Engagement Committee
Chair: Danielle Barkley (email@example.com)
- Share resources and best practices for graduate student and postdoctoral fellows’ development
- Offer community building and training opportunities, material, and/or resources
- Communicate with members about activities, news, and events related to providing support for graduate students and postdocs
- Host specific events and offerings at the annual national conference in collaboration with the Conference Committee.
- Provide recommendations and referrals to the Executive Team for establishing Communities of Practice.
Research and Partnership Committee
Chair: Jonathan Turner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- To collaborate on special projects (e.g. research projects, funding proposals, advocacy related) that would benefit students at all member institutions.
- Maintain a summary of national, provincial, and local/institutional surveys and research projects that are focused on graduate student development (e.g. CGPSS)
- Identify opportunities to develop partnerships with other professional bodies. Work with Executive Team to establish priorities and select projects.